Saturday, June 25, 2005

Madilyne and James sick as can be...

Madilyne and James were very sick this past three weeks. I have had sick kids for a MONTH. I am so done with the sickies for a long long long time.

Madilyne was in the hospital for almost a week. She had a bacterial blood infection, but that's the extent of what we know. Her WBC was 35,000 normal is like 8,000 I think. She wouldn't eat, or drink anything, and only would let me hold her for 3days straight. She had a high fever that motrin and tylenol wouldn't keep down without being right ontop of the new dose for those three days. She almost died. Brian's parents were planning to fly out here for a funeral. I am so glad I got to bring my little girl home and she is doing good now. She lost 2 1/2 lbs. She is back up to 18lbs now, but how scary it was to see her dwindle away.

James was sick for about a week. His highest fever was 106.2 and that was after motrin, not sure what he had either, we think some sort of virus. He wasn't near as sick as Madilyne though...So glad I didn't have to do another round in the Hospital.

No comments: